Hardware and software
• What kind of technology will my child use?
• Do students use computers in the classroom? How many devices are available for each class?
• Are children allowed to use their own phones or tablets?
• Is the school using Google Apps for Education or other software packages?
Curriculum and partnerships
• What kinds of digital skills are children exposed to at each grade level?
• What are some examples of how children use technology for research or other projects?
• Are there any special resources for students with special needs?
• Does the school have any notable partnerships with outside organizations or community groups?
• What kind of support is available to teachers and students who want to delve into digital learning more deeply?
Communications, safety and privacy
• What is the school’s Internet safety plan?
• How does the school ensure that data about my child stays secure?
• What are policies for using social media like Twitter or Facebook?
• Does the school have an up-to-date website?
• How do staff use email and the Internet to communicate with students and families?