Key documents on closure recommendations
by David Limm on Dec 13 2012 Posted in Latest news
Superintendent William Hite's seismic announcement today that the cash-strapped Philadelphia School District has proposed an unprecedented 37 school closures will leave many anxious for answers. To address that, the District has released a number of documents on the methodology and criteria used in the downsizing process known as the Facilities Master Plan.
- Transcript of Superintendent William Hite's Statement
- Summary of Recommendations
- Quick Fact Sheet
- Process and Methodology
- Criteria for closure recommendations [PowerPoint]
- School Specific Data by Planning Area [profiles of each school]
Meetings over the next three months will give the public a chance to have their say before the vote on the recommendations by the School Reform Commission in early March.
- Schedule for December 15-19 community meetings
- Schedule for January and February meetings
- Q&A with officials about the recommendations and the process
The District has also set up a hotline for parents to call with questions about the recommendations for school closures, relocations, and other aspects of the Facilities Master Plan. The hotline will be open Friday, Dec. 14, and Monday, Dec. 17, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. The number is 215-400-6464.