What the Notebook has for you
By thenotebook on Aug 5, 2009 01:13 AM
Ways to learn:
Starting with the 2009-20 school year you can pick up a copy of the print edition six times a year, instead of four. In every edition you'll find the following:
- Theme articles-Each edition is focused on a theme and has several articles that delve into that topic. Check back soon for:
- our NEW fall guide with information about applying to Philly high schools, and
- a fall edition focused on early childhood.
- Other news & features-This is where you can find news that is not related to the theme including District, state, and national news.
- Cartoon-Every edition of the Notebook includes a news-related cartoon by Eric Joselyn.
- In Our Opinion-The Notebook editorial board guides the creation of each edition of the paper and presents its opinion on important issues relating to the theme.issue.
- Letters to the Editors-Readers have a chance to respond to previous articles or discuss their concerns.
- Eye on special education-These articles explore current issues in special education in Phialdelphia.
- School Snapshot-A photo from a school or a school-related event.
- News in Brief-Shorter news articles about important developments.
- Activism around the city-Coverage of education activism events in Philadelphia.
- Sports stories and Quick takes-Two new departments this year. Coverage of school sports teams and interviews with students, parents, and teachers about questions relating to the edition theme.
- En Español-A few articles from every edition are translated into Spanish.
Ways to interact:
Ways to get involved:
- Join our community of users.
- Become a member.
- Celebrate the school year at our annual June celebration.
- Sign up for a tax-deductible payroll deduction for the Notebook.
- Attend education events in Philadelphia.
- Advertise your work or events.
- volunteer with the Notebook.
- ...and the most important way to get involved, keep reading the Notebook!
Something you want to see here? Let us know any suggestions you have!