The FeedEditionsDonateJune Event
Philly Education News + Views Independent. Reader-Supported.
Menu
Menu
Philly Education News + Views
Independent. Reader-Supported
Citywide Admission

Building 21

Mission Statement:
We empower networks of learners to discover their passion, connect with their purpose, and build agency to impact their world.
Points of Pride:
Personalized Learning Pathways; rigorous relevant and real world instructional focus' advisory, restorative justice and restorative practices
Other Special Academic Offerings:
Partnerships with local businesses will be established to allow students to achieve competencies through practical work experience. Through internships, students will be exposed to a variety of career options that will allow them to develop new interests and make informed educational and career choices. We now have debate, culinary arts, health, and entrepreneurship options for students.
Foreign Languages:
A variety offered through the Community College of Philadelphia
Parent Involvement:
School Advisory Council
Arts Activities and Classes:
STEM; the trades; Pathways; arts and design; liberal arts, health care
Activities and Special Programs:
Afterschool programs though education and health
Boys Sports:
Baseball, Basketball, Soccer Track and Field
Girls Sports:
Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field
Septa Routes:
6, 8, 16, 18, 22, 26, 55, 80, Market-Frankford El, Broad Street subway
Contact Information
6501 Limekiln Pike, 19138
Ayris Colvin, Principal
Enrollment and Demographics
Type of School: Citywide Admission
2014-2015 Enrollment: 354
Grades Served: 9-12
Admission Reqs: Citywide, non-criteria admissions requirements, with a 60% neighborhood preference. Remaining 40% of students travel from all over the city
ELLS: 8%
Special Education: 20%
Receiving free or reduced priced lunch: 100%
Waiting List? Yes, 700+
Racial Demographics: African American – 64% Latino – 31% Asian – 1% White –3% Other – 3%

Become a member

Support local journalism