Join the Notebook! Become a Member!
The Notebook invites all of our readers to join us now, as members by signing up on our "Donate" page. Our reporting depends on the continued generous support and contributions from our growing Notebook membership. In 2012, we reached more than 500 memberships! Thanks to all of our supporters.
Don't forget to renew or join for this calendar year. Help us reach 600+ members in 2013!
We're excited about this program as a way to recognize your support, give you some extra perks, and support our work and sustainability. Learn more about our work here.
Why become a member?
“The Notebook is Philadelphia’s first place for investigative and sharply analytical inquiry into our schools. It’s indispensable.”
- Helen Gym, parent activist, Notebook board member; contributor to the Notebook since 1994
“The articles and photos inspire advocacy and civic engagement across diverse communities. The Notebook’s historical perspectives
give us a comprehensive understanding when planning for the future of our children.”
- Deidré Farmbry, director, Urban Education Fund; contributor since 2004
“I look forward to each issue. The Notebook does the research to keep its readers informed about what is happening. It’s an advocate for quality education for our children and youth. ”
- Rosita Johnson, retired teacher; contributor since 1994
As a member of the Notebook, there are many benefits:
- Member Discounts: In 2013 we are pleased to offer discounts for members to the following organizations and businesses:
- Convenience: Whether you prefer digital over a hardcopy, both versions of your favorite education advocacy newspaper are available for members--and the print edition will be delivered to you by first class mail.
- More is Better: The Notebook is now published six times per year. Each fall, the Notebook publishes a Fall Guide with information about District high schools and starting the year off right.
- Endless Access: The Notebook has recently reenergized our web presence to become a multi-platform news service with extended reach in the communities we serve. Members can access unlimited online content, including the daily blog and breaking news.
- Social Networking: We're working on creating a member directory and other ways of getting our members connected.
Want to become a member?
You can donate online, call us at 215.951.0330, x 2144, or send us a check, payable to the Philadelphia Public School Notebook, at 3721 Midvale Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19129.