Facts about this year's state budget
By thenotebook on May 24, 2007 12:00 AM
- The state is the School District's biggest funding source.
- But Pennsylvania continues to cover a much smaller share of the state's total school costs than do most state governments.
- The District is hoping for $1.3 billion in total revenues from the state for the coming school year. This would be a 6 percent increase in state aid compared to the current year.
- Legislative leaders in Harrisburg are skeptical.
- While the School Reform Commission must adopt its 2007-08 budget by May 31, the state legislature's budget deadline is not until June 30.
- Last year's state education budget was finalized on July 2.